Sep 18, 2021

A Goat, a Moose, and a Big Fish

The only one that was real was the goat. While in Hayward, WI, for the Lumberjack World Championship, we, along with Kevin and Tammy, took the opportunity to stroll through the Wilderness Walk. A goat took a liking to Harold's shorts and wouldn't let go without a fight. 


Walking around downtown Hayward, I spotted a moose chair. I had to sit in it. I have been getting teased about moose ever since I bought my "moose" mug in Rocky Mountain National Park. Harold set me straight, "You do know that's an elk, right?" Hmm, it's still a nice mug.

Then, after Kevin and Tammy left, we went to the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame. While neither of us fish, we couldn't resist the lure (ha ha) of the "Big Musky." Half a city block long, four and a half stories high, made of concrete with a gaping mouth, we  had to climb it.  The rest of the grounds have other fish statues, decent-sized in their own right. Then there's all the reels, lures, and trolling motors in the building itself. 









Where Are We Going Next?


No comments:

Post a Comment