May 8, 2026
One thing I like to do in our travels is to take rides on scenic railroads. While scanning a brochure rack, we spotted Rail Explorers in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. We thought the price was a little high for the experience, so we were going to pass on it. However as I was driving by myself to Home Depot to pick up a switch plate, I paralleled the track and spotted some people enjoying their ride. I was sold.
![]() |
| Ready to pull out of the station!!! |
Elizabeth booked us some tickets for the next day and we had a great time.
![]() |
| Quite a scenic ride. |
The trip is 6.2 miles and took us about 1 hour 45 mins to pedal our rail bike.
![]() |
| on the high steel!!!!! |
I was wondering how the turned the bikes around and spotted the turntable in the station. I assume it has an air lift.
![]() |
| One tiny turn table. |
once we pulled ack in to the station I got to look at the locomotive and cars on display.
![]() |
| Pedal cars and a 50 Ton Center Cab Diesel Locomotive |





No comments:
Post a Comment