Dec 14, 2019

Dole Plantation

I'm not sure why I enjoy Dole Plantation so much. It's touristy and overpriced. Yet, on each trip to Oahu, it's one place I want to go. I love the sea of pineapple yellow blanketing the gift shop with all kinds of apparel, plush pineapple shaped pillows, jewelry, food items, bath, and body products.

It's a nice drive out of Honolulu toward the north shore. You get out of the city and into the lush green countryside. Dole's grounds are beautiful. We have yet to pay to tour the plantation garden, settling instead for what you can see. Who knew there were so many varieties of pineapples.

This year, we did opt to try the pineapple maze. At one point the maze had the record as the world's largest maze. I refuse to tell you how long it took us to find the stations and complete the maze card. We may or may not have taken a few unauthorized shortcuts. It was getting rather warm, which meant I was getting a bit grumpy. Harold definitely has a better sense of direction than I did, at least without me putting a lot more effort into keeping track than I cared.

We completed the maze and treated ourselves. Perhaps the Dole Whip is the reason I love going to Dole Plantation.

Done!

Reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment