Aug 8, 2020

$800 vs $7 (plus a used weed wacker) Headlight Replacement

The headlights in our yet to be named bus were original equipment, meaning they have received thirteen years of weathering. Over these years, they have accumulated some micro scratches, making them hazy, and the clear plastic had sightly yellowed from the sun. The yellow lens for the integrated turn signals had faded to almost clear.

When we purchased the bus, the previous owner stated that he had someone polish the headlights.  To me, they were barely passable, and the headlights on all RVs are under powered.


Instead of buying a polishing kit and investing my time and limited supply of elbow grease, I went shopping for replacements.




Newmar quoted me $800 for the pair. I decided to shop elsewhere.  After some surfing of the RV forums, I found that the headlights were the same as a 2002-2004 Acura RSX.  I found the pair of headlights shipped to me for $107.... 

As part of downsizing,  I sold a weed whacker for $100 to a friend. So, the pair of headlights only cost $7 and about an hour of my time to replace them.  What a deal!!!!!




3 comments:

  1. What an awesome deal that was! What garage are you in that can house the RV?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love family with big garages!

    ReplyDelete