Jun 11, 2021

Haze Grey and Underway or Solitary Confinement part two.

 I am STILL currently a part-time, on-call employee trying to retire fully.....

After I returned from solitary confinement round one of having to quarantine, the part was repaired and they rescheduled testing. Elizabeth was diligently going to the US Government's Vaccine Finder website. She was able to get us fully vaccinated against Covid-19. So, when the testing date approached I was able to participate without having to quarantine!!!!!!!!

Once again I packed my bags to go to Everett, Washington.  I have never been to Everett, so I was looking forward to going someplace new.

While onboard the ship in Everett, I saw someone I thought I recognized. With the facemask requirements, I could not be sure.

It was Brent!!!!  We served together in USS Leyte Gulf (CG-55).

We made arrangements to meet up the next day for lunch and then go to his house to see his family and to see his motorhome.

After a wonderful bowl of Ramen, note similar haircuts.

Brent showed me his nearly complete Atari 2600 game collection! He also showed me his GMC Motor Coach with the optional factory installed blender.  One nice rig.  I had a great time catching up with Brent.

The ship got underway, and I completed my job. Then we pulled into Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

Due to the State of Hawaii's Covid restrictions I was unable to spend the night. So, as soon as I departed the ship I was transported to the airport where I awaited my flight.  Due to the low number of tourists using the airport, the only restaurant that was open was the B.K. Steak House. One Whopper with Cheese, please.  MMMMMM.

Leaving Honolulu I was ticketed to fly on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner.  This is the second time I have had the pleasure to fly on one of these carbon fiber bodied airliners.  The advantage over aluminum aircraft is they can keep the air inside at a higher pressure and humidity level so you feel better after the trip.  Also of note is the 787s are built in Everett, Washington.

Big Carbon Bird
I am so glad that this work is completed and I am back home again.

Where Are We Going Next?


No comments:

Post a Comment