Jun 4, 2021

RV Kitchen

I think the biggest challenge I had in moving from the house to the RV had to do with the kitchen. Limited storage and pantry space required some decision making as to what was really important. Then there was the issue of counter space, or lack thereof.

I quickly moved from cooking on the two burner electric cooktop to cooking on the portable induction burner. Not only did things cook faster, I didn't have to wait for the cooktop to cool before I could regain my counter space. All I had to do is move the portable burner to the side or even to the table and I was ready to set up my dish drying space. 


I liked the drying mats as opposed to the space hogging dish drainers. We really don't miss a dishwasher too much. We were glad to have the storage space as opposed to the dishwasher option in our rv.


Most of the newer coaches have induction cooktops. So when we saw the Magma induction cookware 7 piece set on sale at the Hershey RV show, we snapped it up. We love how it stacks for storage. The handle comes off and transfers to either of the two pans.  This set easily handles most of our cooking. 



All those Tupperware parties paid off. I love the Modular Mates for storage. 



 That lattice basket contains almost all of our spices. I have a drawer with measuring utensils and a hand mixer. 


We tend to keep things simple when cooking, especially on travel days. For those days we often resort to pizzas or those all-in-one skillet meals. Quick and easy is what we're after. 

We've gotten used to our kitchen. We will have to go through the familiarization process again soon. Our new home is coming!





No comments:

Post a Comment