Aug 14, 2024

North Cascades National Park

 May 31, 2024

I feel like North Cascades National Park is one of those parks that we shortchanged in terms of time and amount of stuff to see. The drive from our campground was two hours. That's a bit longer than we like, but we were thankful to be able to visit. It may be a long time before we get back this far west. 

I'm not sure what weather station I was getting when I searched for North Cascades weather. I thought the temperatures were going to be in the upper 40's. It was more like upper 60's and lower 70's. As we hiked the Rock Shelter Trail, both of us were wishing we had worn lighter clothing. 

We noted that there was no entrance fee or timed entries at this national park. I was thinking that if I lived in the Seattle area, I'd probably prefer this park over Mt. Rainier. The scenery, despite the burned out areas, is beautiful, and the area seems far less crowded. 





Oh, and at our campground on NAS Whidbey Island, we finally saw those banana slugs. We were expecting more yellow in their color. 




No comments:

Post a Comment