May 16, 2020

First solo

It was time to move the rock star bus from Camp Showalter at Showalter RV to the garage at Elizabeth's Cousin's house. It was a Sunday so the  traffic should be reduced and that we were not towing the jeep due to the short distance Elizabeth decided to drive the bus and have me follow her in the Jeep. 
Camp Showalter


She decided that we would not use our FRS/GMRS walkie talkies to cut down on the distractions.

We set off from Showalter RV with an easy left hand turn. She negotiated the right hand turn downtown Nappanee without issue. The same can be said for the traffic circle. Note the perfect lane positioning with the wide bus!


For a reason unknown to me she slowed down to walking speed for a bit, and I was getting concerned. Then, suddenly, she floored the accelerator pedal and moved to the left lane of the two-lane road we were driving on.  At first I was surprised, but when I saw this,I was no longer concerned.




The last thing was easy as it was a horse and buggy approaching from the other direction.  Note how both drivers gave all the room they could, barely staying on the road.



One last right hand turn and then the driveway was just down the hill on the left.
I think that Elizabeth was happy she drove the bus solo as she may have to do it again in the future.  She is a real trooper!!!!!!

I am so proud of her!

1 comment: