Nov 19, 2022

I-80 Truck Stop and Trucking Museum

We finally made it to the world's largest truck stop.  It's on I-80, just west of Davenport, IA. So what makes it the world's largest truck stop? The photo below tells you the criteria for which they determined the status:



No, no, no...you'll shoot your eye out

In addition to the usual shopping, dining, showering opportunities, I-80 has a few additional amenities. On-site barber, check. Dentist, check. Chiropractor, check. Library, check. Theater, check. 

Then, there's the free I-80 Trucking Museum. It started as the private collection of Mr. Moon, the founder of the I-80 truck stop. It is quite the collection of trucks. 

1921 International Harvester

1930 Ford A Snowmobile

Have a coke


Hank's Highway Hilton - 1981 Kenworth - Over 1.5 million miles

1920 MacDonald 

If we're ever in the area the second week of July, the Walcott Trucker's Jamboree is going to be a stop for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment