Feb 4, 2023

Friends, Family, Lookouts, and Socks

After Thanksgiving, we moved down the road just a little bit to Wytheville. We were still close enough to my sister Karen that we indulged in a visit to their home and a little Christmas craft show shopping. We enjoyed helping them decorate their tree. 



We enjoyed visiting with my friend, Connie, who lives in nearby Pulaski. Connie and I grew up together through church and school. We were guessing that the last time we had seen each other was at Harold's and my wedding, over 21 years ago. We were well overdue for a visit!


Southern Virginia is a well-known motorcycle riding area. We took in a portion of the Bland Loop of the Claw of the Dragon, stopping at Big Walker Lookout. Even without paying to climb the observation tower, the views were pretty good.  We took a short hike to the top of the ridge for more views.



We took a day trip over to Mt. Airy, NC. Mayberry is alive and well. However, I think I spent a good portion of my time in the Nester Hosiery Outlet. Nester makes Farm to Feet merino wool socks as well as a few other brands. We love merino wool socks and getting them at bargain prices is even better.





Where Are We Going Next?

2 comments:

  1. Now I need to go to Mt Airy! Is that where the shows were filmed? I love good wool socks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mt. Airy is where Andy Griffith grew up and was the inspiration for Mayberry.

      Delete